1.29.2012

Melted Crayon Art

I first saw this idea when I was looking at DIY crafts on Pinterest. Then I saw a how to do it on YouTube and I absolutely loved how it looked! Here's how to do it:

Step 1: Gather a bunch of crayons and glue them to a canvas board. You can put them in order of the colors in the rainbow, or you can do what I did, which is use a certain shade to go with a theme. My theme was the trees and the great outdoors:)
Step 2: Turn your hairdryer on high and melt the crayons! Just prop the board up and watch the crayons drip!
Step 3: When you are finished melting the crayons, wait for your beautiful piece of artwork to dry (It actually dries really fast)! Then you can be finished or you can take black paint and paint a little design or a scene. I made this for my friend, so I painted a girl swinging because the girl I made it for LOVES to be outside and swing!<3
So, above is the finished project! I hope you guys try this out and have as much fun making it as I did!

Hannah xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool!! I'll definately be trying this out! :)

    gabbysbeautybasics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete